Saturday 18 February 2012

an adventure in London.

As I mentioned in my last post, I went to London yesterday. It was great. I always stupidly forget how big it is every time I go there though. The more I go to big cities, the more I realise that I am a bit of small town girl. I want to be more of a city girl but honestly? it seriously tired me and my friend out. I know that the more time I spend in cities the easier it will become but it is going to be a big adjustment if I ever move there. When I was in Sydney last year, the city had such a different vibe. To start with it is smaller and less populated but anyone who has been to London and braved travelling in rush hour will tell you that it is kinda like volunteering yourself to get beaten up...on a tiny train miles beneath civilised society. No I am not exaggerating. The risk of getting hit by a taxi goes up about 90% and the feeling of being crushed is frequent. Despite all of this, please do not be put off. It is exciting, vibrant and full of stunning landmarks and beautiful shops. A place that although I do not frequently visit, is everything I have ever aspired to reach.

So we headed up to take some photos, explore London a bit more thoroughly and just have a nice day out. This was our adventure in London.



















I am sad to say I never got a picture of my outfit on my camera but my friend may have taken one when I wasn't looking. I wore my leopard print collar black 60's dress with leggings, ankle boots, my new baggy red cardigan and my trusty satchel. I had such a great time just strolling around the city, taking photos and exploring. I hope you like them. I love getting the chance to share my photography on here and use my DSLR for what it was intended - capturing beautiful sights.

Let me know what you think! 

11 comments:

Courtney Erin said...

I really miss London - such an amazing city!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Anonymous said...

Love those pics ! <3 oxoxox

underthewillowtrees said...

Great pics, makes me proud to be a Londoner! It's funny how it sometimes takes another person to give their perspective and appreciate beauty before you can realise it yourself. Getting a bit deep for a post there.

Your outfit sounds lovely :)

xx

Maiken said...

oh wow, those London photos are more than great! I have never been to London but my boyfriend has and he liked it too, so we wanted to visit together this year but then decided to go to Prague. so, maybe next time :)
anyway, yes, I love your photography! and did you shop too? :P
btw, if you maybe have any questions for my questions and answers post, let me know in my blog :)

Maiken/
Maikeni blogi - part of me

ROSE OLIVEIRA said...

hi dear love London think a city full of wonderful places to visit .. kisses...

http://www.blogtopodendo.blogspot.com/

joy said...

These photos are great, I especially love the last one! I wish I could go to London :)

ellie said...

Oh how fun! Love that you two got to go on such a trip. Love the photos!

lucy and sarah said...

Wow, I'm sure you'll got there much more now. Great to see your pictures!

ivy's closet said...

Love the post! I hope we get to see a picture of your outfit. Sounds adorable.

Shara said...

great pics dear!wanted to be there miss london!!kisses from germany La Folie 

Josie said...

I live in London and sometimes I need to see posts like this to make me appreciate how great it is! Sometimes I can take it for granted haha, glad you had a fab time lovely! xx