Thursday 23 August 2012

a taste of Autumn...


Yes, I know! A lot of you guys out there call it Fall right? but here in England we call it Autumn. Saying this though, I do tend to fall (haha!) into the habit of saying Fall when I'm referring to fashion and Autumn when I'm talk about the approaching season. For example, I might say, ''I really love the fall trends this year!'' or ''It's really starting to smell like Autumn outside...''. I'm just one of those people who picks up traits, accents, expressions (you name it!) when I spend a lot of time with a person. It's a bit awkward though because people give me a really funny look when I say Fall here but I guess it was bound to happen. So many of my favourite blogs are American or Canadian and I spend a lot of time flicking through them through the day!

So back to the point of this post...Pretty much every fashionista loves Autumn, well what's not to love! A pallet of new striking colours, textures, starting to look for your Winter coat...and my personal favourite - digging out your most comfortable pair of boots. Above is just a little mood board of an Autumn look I created. I guess you could call it a taster! As you may or may not know, I love to blog every season about upcoming trends and these are often my most viewed blog posts so keep an eye out for my Autumn Trend Report. I will be posting it within the next two weeks!

To run you through the outfit above, I love this outfit because it draws on so many different trends, textiles and colours that all combine to make the perfect Autumnal outfit (for me). The fitted jeans add a bright berry flash of colour which is then toned down by the dark blue over sized jumper. The boots and bag add a real woodland theme, drawing on the burnt oranges and browns of fallen leaves. I think the statement necklace adds a real modern fashion vibe to the outfit, finished off with a pop of bright lip stick (colour: Brighton Rock)!

Click here to like my Facebook page and stay up to date with everything Hailes Hearts Fashion!!





12 comments:

Courtney Erin said...

I personally cannot wait for autumn (I sometimes call it Fall though too...). I am so not a fan of summer and always loved autumn fashion the best.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

ellie said...

So love that top. Oh love the browns. Cool lippy too!

ivy's closet said...

Awesome selection you have.

I got me a new denim jacket today. I suppose I'm ready for Autumn.

daisychain said...

I'm getting really excited for A/W clothes!

Unknown said...

Those moccasin boots look really cute! :D

http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com

Maiken said...

I also use both, "autumn" and "fall" though I guess when I was learning English they told us to use "autumn".
anyway, the outfit you've created. I'm totally in love with those boots and the bag but I'm not too much in love with autumn overall. though it's much better than winter since I hate cold and snow (snow is necessary only when it's Christmas).
oh and that necklace is a gorgeous one!

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Unknown said...

I'm an AUTUMN girl, through and through ;)

Lovely shade lippie, it'll be nice to keep an essence of Summer in our AW wardrobes!

♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

J said...

I love the color of those jeans! Such a gorgeous deep purple.
Thanks for your comment on my blog! :)

xxLiora
lioraatsea.blogspot.com

Priscilla said...

Such gorgeous inspiration pictures!
I'm Your New Follower,Hoping That you Will FOLLOW me too.
I'll wait you on my blog dear.Have a Nice Day ♥

Blow A Rainbow

Unknown said...

Love those plum hued pants, those are going to be great for Fall!

xoxo Bree
The Urban Umbrella

http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous outfit, those boots are lovely.

Ella said...

I definitely love Autumn! I love the wine colour of those jeans and the pop of colour with that lovely lippie xx