Wednesday 13 February 2013

Easy Glam.


The Up-do


An up-do like this is so easy and ads instant glam to the simplest of outfits. Today I wore this hairstyle with black ankle grazers, a black vest top, a ox-blood coloured bat-wing cardigan , some vintage-looking jewellery and some navy pumps. I think this looks great, no matter what your hairstyle is however it needs to be long enough to put up without layers falling out. I'm thinking of doing a tutorial post for how to do the perfect top-knot (your thoughts??).

Statement Nails



You cannot beat a great nail varnish to liven up any outfit. My friend recently bought me this as an early birthday present and it's great. It had a wide brush that makes applying it really easy and only needs one heavy coat. The make is Rimmel London and the colour is called Desire. The great thing about a colour like this is that it's bold and regal, adding quick glam to your outfit. I've had so many compliments on it and best of all, it lasts (chip-free) for 10 days.


Cute Jewellery



The best thing about jewellery is that you don't to wear a lot to make a statement. I love rings at the moment and think they are great to add a bit of fashion into your outfit. Particularly as I have no money at the moment, it's easier to justify a pair of earrings as oppose to a new dress or a handbag. This ring was given to me by a friend for Christmas. It's one of my favourite brands, Bobby Glam (to see my post on Bobby Glam, click here).

On a side note: I hope you all had a lovely pancake day. I have two pancakes which were lovely and during my munching, I decided to try lent this year (despite being very much not religious). I am attempting to go forty days and forty nights without swearing. Usually this wouldn't have been much of task for me but since coming to Uni, I am surrounded with obscenities on a daily basis and have consequently become a more frequent swearer. So yes, I'll keep you updated. I also got two results back at uni. Two 65's which are both a 2.1 which to those who don't know what I'm talking about, I basically got a B. So yes, I am very happy with my results.

Have you given up anything for lent (if so,please share!)?

What are your quick tips for instant style and glam?


2 comments:

Danielle Rose said...

I love a good top knot. I'm loving statment necklaces at the moment :] XXXX
OHH btw I went to Salford uni in MAnchester to do creative writing :] x

What.Jessica.Loves said...

I love this hair style and the manucure too , the color of the nailposlish is really pretty !