Sunday 15 May 2011

"I was a Hippie!!"

So it's finally happened. Nearly all my friends have turned 18 (mine was in March). I thought I would put some pictures of the outfit I wore to my best friend, Sammi's 18th :) The theme was 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's...naturally with all the 70's fashion around I went for a boho Hippie look. I wore a floral maxi dress from H&M, a plaited head band from H&M, a baggy knitted cardi that belongs to my Mum, an Anklet from Accessorize (that jingled!) and a peace - make love and not war- wooden heart necklace. I tried to keep my make-up natural applying some earthy coloured eye shadow, a light coating of mascara and a peachy tinted lip balm. I also kept my hair natural by scrunching in a handful of VO5 moose after having it in plaits all day (and crimping it slightly).


My Hippie bag - Accessorize

My jingley anklet from Accessorize



My Hippie outfit

My lovely Hippie necklace!




My hair and make up :)

 Let me know what you think of my outfit, even if you hate it!
Don't be too mean though, this is my FIRST ever outfit post!! 




P.s This is my first blog post since January! I hope the fact that I having finally decided to post outfits makes up for my lack of dedication lately!

15 comments:

Brandon said...

Hey, getting back to you on the comment you left me..

It doesn't matter which camera you have, it just comes with practice. You keep going and you'll be great in no time. Take that 100D and ride with it. :)

apple said...

I really like this!


http://89rottenapples.blogspot.com

HailesHeartsFashion said...

(To Brandon)I love my camera, it just holds me back because the lense is soo basic. But I agree, the more photos I taken the better I have become with both using my camera and the photos I have taken :)

And Thanks apple :) xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's cool!
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the visit. :)

Closet Fashionista said...

how fun! I love that dress and the bag :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Courtney Erin said...

I love the accessories that you chose for this - they're perfect!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelides.blogspot.com

Michelle's Style File said...

I love parties with a theme!!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

HailesHeartsFashion said...

Thank-you for the comments you have left! :) It took me soo long to decide on the perfect accessories! The panic was worth it though, the party was amazing xxx

P.s I will be sure to check all your blogs out

augustalolita said...

wonderful outfit!! love your bag and necklace <3

Style-Pursuit said...

I absolutely adore anything hippie, so this outfit looks really awesome to me! :o)

x

Mariloé said...

a lovely hippie outfit :)

Unknown said...

Cute outfit! I love the necklace! Sounds like a fun party!

Yourgirlsworld.blogspot.com
The place to go for advice or tips on fashion, health, makeup, accessories, affordable clothes, and so much more!

discountkm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cosmetics Products said...

I just love Hippie Outfits. Personally looks nice.

dress up games said...

good post, thanks for sharing