Tuesday 4 November 2014

autumn colour blocking

fashion blog, beauty blog, fashion and beauty blog, autumn fashion, autumn style, plus size fashion, plus size fashion blog,


























fashion blog, beauty blog, fashion and beauty blog, autumn fashion, autumn style, plus size fashion, plus size fashion blog,


fashion blog, beauty blog, fashion and beauty blog, autumn fashion, autumn style, plus size fashion, plus size fashion blog,

Autumn colour blocking. Yeah it's a thing. I don't care that colour blocking's an old spring summer trend cause I think I prefer it for this time of year. Also, I like the way these shades (mustard, burnt orange, winter red and navy) somehow seem to clash but also compliment each other more. I'm not a fan of neon or overly bright colouring blocking, it just seems garish and a little indecisive to me.  But yeah, I love autumn hues and will find any excuse to wear all my favourite colours in one outfit! I also love the preppy vibe this look has. I think the buttoned up cardigan, tartan skirt and satchel really create it. It seems to be the kind of style I'm channelling at the moment but that probably has something to do with being at uni and trying to make the most out of being a student. In six months time, I will be free from education. No more essays or assignments or dissertations to write. But leaving the student world also means I'm forced out into the scary big wide world. I guess at that point I might drop the preppy college student look and try something a bit different. Maybe I'll start dressing like an adult instead (whatever dressing like an adult means...)

On side note: I've also returned back home for a few days (hence the outfit post!) and I decided not to bring my DSLR but just make do with my iPhone's camera. The effort of carrying a weeks worth of clothes, a laptop (and charger), books, notebooks and then a big fancy camera was way too much. I chose to leave it safely at home and travel a little lighter :) So what I'm trying to say is, please excuse the naff quality of these photos!

Tartan skirt & leggings & boots New Look
Vest Next
Bag & cardigan Dorothy Perkins
Scarf Accessorize

Oh and Happy Autumn!

5 comments:

daisychain said...

I love the colours in this outfit! I've missed your posts x

**Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Ditsy Sprinkles Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ** said...

Great outfit! You've really made the autumn colour blocking work and your hair looks lovely. x

http://ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

alice said...

This outfit is deffo very preppy, I love it! Your skirt is lovely. I'm leaving uni next year as well, so scary! Although I am looking forward to being free of essays!

The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

SophieM said...

I love the colours that are combined in this! It certainly would brighten up a dull day! :) I'm loving all the tartan/check patterns that have been in your posts recently too!


Sophie | http://sophiemloves.blogspot.co.uk/

Chantelle said...

Fully adore your blog😘