Wednesday 23 July 2014

the 50s summer dress

plus size fashion blog, fashion and beauty blog, plus size fashion, joe browns dress,






























plus size fashion blog, fashion and beauty blog, plus size fashion, joe browns dress,



plus size fashion blog, fashion and beauty blog, plus size fashion, joe browns dress,
fashion and beauty blog, flowers, photography, countryside, michelham priory, east sussex

fashion and beauty blog, flowers, photography, countryside, michelham priory, east sussex
fashion and beauty blog, flowers, photography, countryside, michelham priory, east sussex
Yesterday me and my mum decided to go out for a day together, just us. This rarely happens. I mean occasionally we go out for a coffee and sometimes we end up going shopping for a bit but we rarely take the whole day to ourselves. Anyway we decided to visit this old country house/museum and garden called Michelham Priory that dates back to 1229 (only a short drive from where we live). It's supposed to be one of the most haunted places in Britain and although I felt a little uneasy walking around, I didn't get much of a creepy vibe.  

 The weather was ridiculously hot and sunny and beautiful so I decided to dress nice and light in my 50s style summer dress, which I got last year, with my newly bought heeled sandals. This dress has been featured on my blog before (see here) and is actually a halter-neck but I got my mum to sew on the ties as straps to create a nice sweetheart neckline (and cover up my bra straps). I actually much prefer the dress like this. I think it sits better on me and doesn't pull on my neck. 

We spent the day walking around the moat and through the gardens and wandering around the old house. We then sat overlooking the pond and countryside while having a pot of tea and a nice ploughman's lunch. After snapping away at flowers and ponds and trees, I decided to ask my mum to get some snaps of me in my outfit. I thought it'd make a nice change from my garden and a washing line in the backdrop! In the past I've been terrible at dressing for the summer but in the last couple of years I've definitely got better at wearing more season appropriate things instead of just wishfully living in Autumn clothes. Anyway, I thought the pictures of my outfit would come out awfully because, by this point, I was hot and a bit tired from all the walking in the sun but I'm actually quite happy with them!

Sunglasses River Island
Bag & sandals Dorothy Perkins

What've you guys been up to this summer so far? What's your favourite thing you wear to stay nice and cool?

Happy Wednesday!


11 comments:

Courtney Erin said...

That sounds like a really fun day - I miss England! And I really love your dress - the pattern and colour are just so cheerful.

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Unknown said...

that dress is so gorgeous on you!

www.amoderngypsy.blogspot.com

alice said...

Haunted house- scary! Haha, loovveee the dress, so pretty!

The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

daisychain said...

I love days out with my Mum! Your dress is gorgeous! x

Style Diary Of A Fashion Fanatic said...

Beautiful dress!!!!
You look great!!!!!!!!
http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

Jessica Ip said...

ahh adorable!! that dress is super cute! <3

Tanja S. said...

I'm glad to hear you had agreat evening with your mum! Love your satchel :)

**Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Ditsy Sprinkles Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ** said...

Looks beautiful for a haunted house!
Your dress is gorgeous! <3

ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk
xx

The New 1 said...

Photos are so beautiful :) And you are very beautiful

Check out my blog :)
http://the-newone.blogspot.nl
Follow me if you like it via google circles and I follow you back xoxo
Instagram : hellodashi
<3

Laura said...

Ooh, what a beautiful place and what a beautiful
outfit. Your dress is amazing and the sunglasses
look wonderful with it.
A perfect outfit to visit a country house. :)

dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

SophieM said...

Love the new blog look Hailes! I've been a bit behind on keeping up with my favourite blogs lately. love the pics! It looks like you had a fun day, I love Michelham Priory.

Sophie | SophieMloves