Wednesday 6 November 2013

The joys of tights.


I have always passionately hated tights. Yes, I am self confessed tights hater. I have never found a pair that feel like they fit properly. If they are fitted nicely at the top, they are baggy at the knees. Usually though, I find they never come up high enough. They like to fall down throughout the day. They ladder and are just generally expensive pieces of material that never fit, frustrate me and ultimately end up collecting in my top draw for a year. I then throw them out, promise myself I will never buy another pair and 12 months down the line, I am getting deja vu.
I've tried so many places. Dorothy Perkins, New Look, Marks and Spencer, Evans, Simply Be, George, Tesco as well as strange online shops and they have always disappointed me. It's always a big fail. Well my friends, a break through occurred today. This happened in Primark, of all places. One of my best friends suggested Primark tights and I thought, "why the hell not!" I chose a black pair of 100 denier. They cost £2.50 and fit how I've always imagined tights should fit a person.

I'll be sure to do an outfit post in the next few days so you can see me in my new amazing tights... 

What are your experience of tights? 
Do you have a go-to place that never fails? 
I'd love to know your thoughts on this issue! 

3 comments:

Courtney Erin said...

I'm a huge tights fan as well - I used to hate them but totally love them now. I like that getting them in different colors and patterns can make a whole look different and they're so affordable.

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Megan @ Lazy Thoughts said...

Haha, loved this! Primark tights are my absolute favourites, they fit well and they're so cheap that if they do ladder it's not exactly the end of the world. I also really like Sainsbury's if you're looking for slightly better quality x

meganruthxo.blogspot.co.uk

0s0-Pa said...

Not sure if I prefer leggings or tights better. I guess it depends on the day.