Saturday 12 October 2013

HHF: Confessions of a Shopaholic.

If you follow me on twitter, you may well know that for the first time this week, I watched Confessions of a Shopaholic. I've wanted to watch it for as long as I can remember and finally got around to doing so on Thursday night. It was great and I felt a little like the main character, Rebecca Bloomwood (Isla Fisher), accept that she is stunning and her character shops designer which I, clearly, do not. I almost wondered whether it was an insight into my poor but still a shopaholic future. Rebecca is also desperate to be a fashion journalist and she has red hair. See? We are practically the same person...

(I do not own this image)
Here are my confessions:

I often justify purchases with insane thoughts: I might die tomorrow, and it'd be a real shame that I denied myself the last thing that'd make me happy! (Yes, a new scarf.) 

I have been known to hide bags in bags as to deceive my friends/ family as to how much I have just bought.

It comes in green and blue? I'll take both.

 Every time I buy something, my store card gets more points. It's a justified investment into my future.

My card isn't being rejected? I must have plenty of money left.

Do I need this? No. Do I want it? Yes.

It's £5? I'll take it. I mean, it's hideous but it's only £5.

I often end up in Newlook (or other clothes shop) when I'm supposed to be going food shopping.

Most people check their emails or Facebook when they first set their laptop up. I see if Newlook have added new stock online.

Right, so I have £25 for food this week (£20 of it goes on a new dress and the left over £5 buys me two tins of beans, a loaf of bread and a pint of milk).







If you're a shopaholic too, please leave a comment telling me your biggest shopping confession or tweet me @HHeartsFashion. I'd love to hear from you! It might also make me feel like I'm a little less crazy...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are really funny! I like your post. I've also seen the movie and I absolutely loved it, she is gorgeous and the movie is funny!
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
It will be a pleasure to follow you!
kiss
<3

Jasmine said...

Mine is "It's on sale, it'll never be this cheap again, I have to buy it". Sad but true

Cee said...

My worst shopaholic habit is justifying purchases by thinking about how long it's been - usually just days, weeks at the most - it's been since I had something new to wear! So silly, but totally true.
xox,
Cee
www.cocoandvera.com

Unknown said...

My worst one is if it's really cheap...I just have to buy it then, even if I don't really need it!

Love your post chick,

Charl x
www.aplaceonthebookshelf.blogspot.com