Wednesday 30 November 2011

Calling the Creative...

A picture I took at the Bath Christmas market.
With Christmas hurtling towards us and me having literally no money, this years presents are going to have to be  seriously home-made. I've been back from Australia for almost a week now but it feels a lot longer. With a little too much time on my hands, I am going to be making some Christmas presents in the weeks leading up to Christmas. I have decided to do Home made cards, gingerbread men, biscuits (in the shape of trees!), jewellery and that is where my creative juices stop. I have no idea what else I can make and knowing how creative everyone is on the Internet I am fishing around for ideas. I will show you the cool things I have made as soon as the making process actually begins! But until then, please feel free to give me any quirky ideas or suggestions - no matter how strange they might be! The book below is full of amazing ideas but I have asked for it for Christmas so I'm not going to get it in time! It is amazing though, to check it out, it is at www.cathkidston.co.uk and is only £16. Compared to the prices in Australia, that is practically and give away.

Cath Kidston £16
Thanks for reading! Let me know your great ideas and suggestion, or even just to comment on anything I have said. Pictures of my new creation to follow soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you can make these wonderful butterflies out of old magazines or books.

they make a great garland or mobile!! i made one for myself as a 'tester,' and now my sister and her husband want one for christmas.

i'm also doing prismacolor marker prints of my sisters with their significant others and framing them with thrifted frames. i'm doing a totally DIY holiday also!!

best of luck!!

p.s. if you're interested in the butterflies, i have a little DIY post on my blog!!

http://jordanjaked.blogspot.com/2011/11/diy-butterfly-mobile.html

i recommend Pinterest for more ideas :)

Maiken said...

well... maybe you could use your photos (of your relatives, nature, yourself etc) and make something out of it ;) good luck anyway! and looking forward to seeing your creations :)

Maiken/
Maikeni blogi - part of me

HailesHeartsFashion said...

Hey thanks guys :) nice to hear I'm not the only one having a home-made Christmas! I made a cute beaded Christmas bracelet last night so I will post my creations at the weekend! X